Monday, June 29, 2009

So close, yet so far away...


We're halfway done with IT486. So far we've done a TON of different activities and used a plethora of programs and with each one we've used, I've found positives and negatives. Like most technology, there have been several points of frustration. Google docs has some issues with formatting that made me pretty irritated, but I managed to reformat everything and get my task accomplished. Voice threads was an interesting tool, but it seems like a lot of the really cool features are only available if you pay for the subscription. I've used picasa before, but only on my personal computer, not using the web albums. It was a really easy tool to use, as is almost everything I've found using Google.

I'm excited to be finishing up our wiki. The finally product should look really nice and have some very useful links as resources for the different fields of music education. But I have to admit, I can't wait to finish up with summer classes though and take a break before school starts back up again! :)

1 comment:

  1. When you envision yourself working with young people and teaching and learning about music alongside young people, where do these tools and applications fit in? Do you see any one application supporting your practice in the music classroom?

    ReplyDelete